Energy and natural resource agencies can realize significant returns through targeted investments in technology enablers.
Likewise, the Department of Homeland Security has issued industry-specific guidance (i.e. Water and Wastewater Systems Sector) which agencies are encouraged to pursue.
Furthermore, some utility technology providers have yet to leverage the wealth of industry diverse knowledge and provide their clients with best-in-class solutions. This fact has resulted in organizations with people, process and technology that are often a decade or more behind.
iMC has an industry proven, multifaceted approach for assisting agencies in developing a technology strategic plan, improving technology operating models, and meeting regulatory objectives.
Through multiple transformational initiatives, an iMC utility client realized significant returns on investment (ROI):
- $1.7M ROI by reducing travel costs and lost productive time through virtual collaboration
- $817K ROI from database server and licensing cost consolidation
- $455K ROI in cost reductions through telecom modernization
- $195K ROI from business process improvement (paper to electronic inspections)
- Total 5 Year ROI: $3.17 million
The chart to the right depicts the business process improvement times and costs.